On 6th April 2018, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued a circular which ordered all companies and businesses to stop dealing with entities that deal with cryptocurrencies. The announcement came with a warning that all dealings with the crypto industry and entities that represent them must be terminated within a stipulated period of three months.
Approximately after two years, i.e. on 4th March 2020, the Supreme Court of India struck down the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) banking ban against bitcoin and other altcoins. The Court held that RBI’s Circular dated 6th April 2018 is unconstitutional. Anticipating a favorable result, not only did new crypto exchanges and bitcoin trading platforms launched in India but some also of the platforms relaunched their apps.
Bitcoin is gaining momentum in India, and it is legal to buy and sell Bitcoin in India. However, there are only a handful of reliable Indian crypto trading platforms where you can buy Bitcoin. Below are the top 10 exchanges from where you can buy BTC in INR.
Leading cryptocurrency exchange PCEX Member is one of the most popular and trusted coin trading platforms in India. PCEX Member levy zero charges as a maker and taker fee. Traders have a wide variety of options for cryptocurrencies like BTC, LTC. BCH, ETH, and many more using Indian rupees. Other options to BTC are USD, USDT, and C2USD.
Being one of the best bitcoin exchanges in India, PCEX Member has the lowest trading fee with a digital wallet whose custody is solely given to clients. To start trading on this coin trading platform, you just have to create an account, complete the KYC process, and link bank details with the account. PCEX Member is also going to launch its Android app soon. This means that you can soon trade BTC or other cryptocurrencies with INR in a single tap.
- The franchise business model ensures high-liquidity resulting in profitable trades for all the traders and investors.
- No hidden fees are charged on buying Bitcoin using this exchange. PCEX Member-only charges a Single Fee Transaction Fee. Unlike other exchanges, there are No maker & taker charges or AMC charges.
- Payments are accepted through wallets, net banking, credit & debit cards. Also, one can convert fiat money to digital currency or vice-versa all in one place.
- PCEX Member employs a five-layer security model which leaves out just 1 in a billion chances of your account being compromised
- The exchange is soon going to launch futures trading. It means one can also buy Bitcoin Futures soon.
- The user-friendly interface provides a super fast and convenient platform to exchange your digital assets.
Kraken is one of the best bitcoin trading platforms for newcomers or beginners in the Crypto industry. Kraken will initially guide you to get used to cryptocurrency and trading rules and then become an expert as well. This platform focuses on highlighting the ever-changing way of how people understand money and finance.
- Kraken is a useful platform for both experts and newcomers. Along with simplicity, it offers portfolio management which helps to keep track of your profile.
- It also focuses on ensuring the highest quality safety and security for its users to prevent any fraudulent and hacking activity.
- To maintain fluent communication with its clients, Kraken offers 24/7 availability through its global support.
- The exchange has advanced features to list your financial resources. Even, you can also make decisions for enriching your portfolio and find an investor pair.
- For the investors, Kraken handles capitals by their exclusive solution that provides support for all sized investors.
- One can also trade BTC using Over-the-counter trading. OTC helps you to grow as an investor as an investing solution. Kraken has competitive pricing plans for Bitcoins.
Wazirx is a cryptocurrency trading platform and it is on its way to becoming India’s most trusted bitcoin exchange. The exchange allows you to buy, trade, and sell many coins like BTC, LTC, Ripple, Ethereum, and many other cryptocurrencies using Indian Rupee. WazirX has its token WRX.
To signup on the platform, clients have to go through KYC verification. Wazirx is backed by the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, Binance. It has its mobile app for Android and iOS and claims to provide multiple hundred transactions per second.
- WazirX ensures enhanced safety to clients through regular security audits to maintain the highest standards of security and safety to accounts.
- The exchange has an advanced KYC process where identification verification takes place within just a few hours of signing up
- It is unbelievable but yes Wazirx can handle millions of transactions in just a few seconds
- Seamless user experience is ensured through the simple design and uncomplicated interface of the trading platform.
Unocoin is one of those exchanges in the market which were profusely affected by the RBI banking ban on cryptocurrency back in 2018. Also, Unocoin is one of few exchanges in India which offer OTC (Over-the-Counter) service for high volume clients.
The owners of this exchange expressed their zeal towards the business in 2018, by installing India’s first Bitcoin ATM in Bangalore. This exchange was one of the first entrants in the Indian bitcoin space and also allowed traders to trade across various cryptocurrencies.
- In the merchant gateway feature, the e-commerce businesses are allowed to receive Bitcoins as payment.
- The exchange offers a secured platform to investors for buying BTC using INR while matching orders with other users.
- Unocoin has an advanced security system like 2FA, AES-256, and other safe locations to store encryption keys
- It has introduced new features like the Bitcoin Systematic Buying Plan or SBP and Bitcoin Point of Sale feature for the enhanced trading experience of the experienced traders.
- Unocoin has its app which is available on iOs and Android
Zebpay was the leading cryptocurrency exchange in India before the RBI banking ban was imposed in 2018. During that time it had over 3 million users and achieved around $2 Billion in fiat transactions. Zebpay resumed their trading service in India after the ban was lifted and currently offers BTC to INR pair trading with zero trading fees.
The exchange even moved it’s registered office outside India (in Singapore) to offer seamless service to Indian customers amid a regulatory crackdown. ZebPay promotes a stress-free and secure trading experience to its clientele. Unlike other crypto trading platforms where the withdrawals take a longer duration, ZebPay supports instant withdrawals allowing Zebpay users to use their Bitcoins to make instant payments.
- Zebpay ensures stress-free and secure trading to its users
- Clients can buy Bitcoin with the most competitive rates using Indian Rupee and another fiat.
- Zebpay has enhanced security controls.
- Users can easily buy BTC through their smartphones using Zebpay mobile app
- It has Robust API and Endless possibilities of crypto pairs
CoinDCX, launched in 2018, is one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in India. This exchange supports INR as Fiat currency. It became one of the first platforms to allow deposits and withdrawals directly from bank accounts.
CoinDCX also supports 200+ cryptocurrencies, including the important ones like Bitcoin and Ethereum and others like DASH, XRP, etc. Other than bank transfers it also accepts various payment methods like UPI and IMPS.
The platform takes care of their client’s security by following a two-factor authentication method. However, user accounts have to be KYC verified.
- It has a seamless user interface
- Importantly, it supports INR as a FIAT currency and that withdrawals can be done in INR.
- It employs a 2FA (enables 2-factor authentication) system
- It provides higher liquidity on digital assets
Local Bitcoin is a BTC-start-up company in Finland. The exchange facilitates the over-the-counter (OTC) trading of local currency for bitcoins. It is a P2P trading exchange that supports every payment method and allows traders from varying countries to purchase bitcoin for their local currency.
In India, LocalBitcoins has operations in all major cities including New Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Surat, Chennai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Pune, Guwahati, and several more.
- LocalBitcoins allows you to trade directly with another person which makes the whole process fast.
- The exchange offers escrow protection to ensure the bitcoins and both traders are safe.
- The trade process from the creation of the user account to having bitcoins in your wallet takes less time.
- LocalBitcoins payment method supports a wide range of payment methods like credit/debit, UPID, net transfers, and many more.
Bitbns, which came in the year 2017, is an India-based cryptocurrency exchange started by IIT graduates. It is a peer-peer (P2P) exchange platform to give and take bitcoins. The P2P model enables users to buy and sell cryptocurrency without any intervention of a third-party. Bitbns requires its clients to complete the KYC and then start trading with them.
- High-grade security for all your transactions and funds.
- Creating an account and holding your crypto is free.
- Automated Buy and Sell
- Instantaneous deposit and withdrawal
- Trustworthy and Verified Network
- 24×7 Customer Support
- Margin trading: Lend and Borrow Assets
Giottus is also a newly launched cryptocurrency exchange that also works on the P2P model. It has a quick KYC process which makes it mandatory for clients. The exchange center allows the trading of prominent cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, BCH, Ripple, and Litecoin. It enables a free selling of crypto coins and a flat fee of 0.25% for buying. Withdrawals are possible through Payment gateways, NEFT, IMPS, and RTGS.
- Giottus displays, the updates of the Crypto industry in their exchange by collecting information from different 60,000 credible sources
- They assure a maximum of 30 minutes as the transaction time during the trade.
- Bitmax, a Singapore based exchange, holds hands with this exchange platform.
- Giottus allows you to trade cryptos for INR.
Singapore based Hybrid Blockchain firm XinFin has partnered with BuyUcoin crypto exchange. BuyUcoin is one of India’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, to introduce its Native Token XDC to the Indian market.
XinFin chose BuyUcoin as their partner because of their vision and reliability, to expand its clients-base in India. BuyUcoin is working hard towards making its user experience effortless by introducing features that would enable faster and swift transactions of cryptocurrencies.
- Buyucoin provides a variety of Features and Products to easily buy, sell, trade, and store Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin in India
- 95% of funds kept safe offline HTTPS and HSTS secure connections
- Low Rates & High Passive Income
- Adhere to the industry’s best practices
These are the top 10 bitcoin exchanges in India from where you can buy BTC with INR. However, if you are looking for one of the cryptocurrency exchanges in India from where you can buy bitcoin at the lowest fees, you should look no further than PCEX Member.