Image courtesy of adamr at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Most companies regardless if they would like to sell something or purchase something is aware that brokers are necessary to operate and close deals in today’s world of commodities.
A lot of the companies that previously worked with other brokers and have switch to our company has come to the conclusion that retainer is a must.
Advantages of the retainer
Advantages for the client
- indemnity insurance is being paid out of the retainer — that guarantees that all involved are formally educated professionals and that the insurance agency trusts them to do the brokerage.
- full commitment and dedication of the brokers’ team that works on a deal — other brokers work on several projects at once — broker on a retainer is fully dedicated to clients project
- lower total commission
- a broker will work on this project only for you and not with many clients
- a broker will not sell insiders info with others in order to improve his position for the next deal
Advantages for the broker
- commitment from the client
- employment of permanent staff
- can pay for the best professional advice when needed
- travel without budget restrictions
- communicate without restrictions
- can hire sub-brokers when needed
- paid membership for all webpages/societies etc when needed
- organize the best business/legal structure for the client
Find a broker you trust, find a broker you like(since you will be spending a lot of time working on a deal), and a broker that you are confident that can close a deal.
Commitment and whenever possible exclusivity needs to be established.