Sep 1, 2020 at 22:33 UTCUpdated Sep 1, 2020 at 23:13 UTC
(Jacob Ekaineck/Wikimedia Commons)
Bitfinex parent iFinex has invested $1 million into Dusk Network – a Dutch-based company looking to create a regulated security token platform.
- Announced in a press release Tuesday, Dusk said the capital would go toward a new exchange that will bring new types of tokenized assets to the European market.
- Details remain thin on the ground, but the proposed exchange will list tokenized financial products such as equities, commodities, bonds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- It will be wholly separate from Dusk Network itself, a spokesperson told CoinDesk.
- The exchange will adhere to the second Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) – an EU regulatory framework for transparency and investor protection – and will, therefore, be able to operate across most of Europe.
- A Dusk spokesperson declined to comment on whether iFinex will receive an equity stake or token share in return for its investment.
See also: SEC Registered Broker-Dealer Is Launching a Security Token-Friendly Platform
Read more about…
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.