Aug 31, 2020 at 15:15 UTCUpdated Aug 31, 2020 at 17:40 UTC
Customers reported experiencing issues logging into Robinhood, Charles Schwab and multiple other trading platforms Monday morning, according to a flurry of tweets.
- CoinDesk confirmed the degraded performance on Robinhood via the website’s status page. The popular retail trading platform posted a notice saying, “Some users are experiencing issues with delayed order status updates. These are display issues only, and should not impact order execution. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible.”
- Issues on TD Ameritrade and Charles Schwab have also been detected over the past few hours by downdetector.com.
- On Twitter, Charles Schwab said its website may be “intermittently inaccessible for some clients” due to “a technical issue” resulting in possibly longer-than-usual hold times.
- U.S. consumer protection agencies have received more than 400 complaints about Robinhood from its users during the first half of 2020, according to a Bloomberg report, roughly four times the amount of complaints filed about its competitors.
- At 17:02 UTC, Robinhood emailed CoinDesk noting that the delayed order status issues were resolved and Robinhood is operational.
UPDATE (Aug. 31, 15:31 UTC): Adding comment from Charles Schwab.
UPDATE (Aug. 31, 17:40 UTC): Adding comment from Robinhood after functionality was restored.
Read more about…
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.