Aug 14, 2020 at 20:14 UTCUpdated Aug 14, 2020 at 20:42 UTC
On Thursday, an anonymous DeFi user deployed Curve Finance’s Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) and token smart contracts without the team’s permission, but the Curve team is adopting it anyway.
- Since launching, the token contract already has roughly 3,500 active addresses and has seen some 31,000 transactions.
- Following the deployment, Curve Finance tweeted it had “no choice but to adopt it,” saying in another tweet it appears “to be an acceptable deployment with the correct code.”
- The abruptness of the launch and the team’s willingness to go along with the premature activation has raised eyebrows in the DeFi community.
- Curve Finance is a decentralized exchange for stablecoin trading and has been live since February. The CRV token is designed to work with the Curve DAO.
- 0xc4ad signaled the premature launch of Curve’s DAO and governance token on Twitter.
Curve did not respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment at the time of publication.
Read more about…
The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.